Laxius Power
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laxius Power

A Back up forum of the Laxius community

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just started

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TotinosBoy
Seduced
Seduced

Male
Number of posts : 14
I\'m : Nice
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Just started  Empty
PostSubject: Just started    Just started  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 5:14 pm

So I finally got around to wanting to play the Laxius series and had a couple questions.

Where in the order should I play 3 stars of Destiny? Before everything? After everything? Somewhere in between?

Been trying to open Laxius Power I using the RPG_RT link and get a direct draw error (exact error is DDERR_EXCEPTION).

I tried compatibility mode and searching around but can't seem to find the answer to this exact error. Any help would be appreciated.

Last question a bit unrelated. When I go to Aldorea site, they have Laxius Force on sale for 15 dollars but then right next to it is a link to download it for free. Is there a difference between the 2 games? If I downloaded the free game, is there a way to donate to the creator to show my appreciation?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Back to top Go down
Thaumaturgist
Night Guardian
Night Guardian
Thaumaturgist

Male
Number of posts : 917
I\'m : Unstable
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Character sheet
Creature: 1/4 elf; bitten by vampire
Class: Night wielder
Element: Thunder/Dark

Just started  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just started    Just started  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 5:36 pm

Well, 3SoD came out last and, not only does it plays prequel role, it is also directly following Indinera's book 4 Stars of Destiny, on which (and other of his written works) Laxius Power is loosely based and being differently following the book, the two games have some differences. It doesn't really matter, but it may confuse you a bit, if you choose to play it first, since there is no transition between it and LP1 (except for an event at the end of 3SoD which explains few things which many players ask about). I would suggest to leave it for last, since it is also technically way too different and may alienate you from the original LP1. I guess the ideal scenario would be to finish the first trilogy, play 3SoD and then start the second trilogy.

As for the error, I can't really help. Did you try the download links I provided with my copy of the game? Also, seems like google derps around with the results, so try searching with asterisks to force it to look for exact result (*DDERR_EXCEPTION*). I tried it like that and I think this result is what you are looking for, since it is again on an rpg maker game:
http://pokemoneeveeblog.blogspot.bg/2011/01/direct-draw-error-dderrexception-error.html

As for the third one - I think the download option is for trial only. As far as I remember, there was a version with one hour trial time, which is unlocked with the paid one.
Back to top Go down
http://thaumaturgist-hq.hit.bg
TotinosBoy
Seduced
Seduced

Male

Just started  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just started    Just started  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 10:58 pm

Yeah turning off crossfire seemed to help.

Another short question, does the times you save matter in your final score? I see the scorekeeper guy seems to use that as a stat.

Does score determine things like what secret characters you get, special items, or areas or is it mainly for bragging rights?

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Thaumaturgist
Night Guardian
Night Guardian
Thaumaturgist

Male

Character sheet

Just started  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just started    Just started  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 8:18 am

I say to ignore what the score guy says. You will want to save a lot, since it is very easy to suddenly lose and die in battle, especially when you are still low level and you enter a higher level place, like one of the caves you can explore a little bit later after overcoming your first path location (which is like a trap for new players, since it is considered a late game location, placed in early game map). Heck, recently, I decided to replay the games and forgot about this little detail and how nerve-wrecking is to die and lose 1-2 hours of progress.

And, actually, it is the opposite, as far as I recall - your score is determined on what you find, so, yeah, its mainly for cosmetic purpose to brag how hardboiled you are.

In short - screw the score guy, save, save, save. Did a quest? Save. Progressed the story a bit? Save. Got new items in your inventory? Save!
Back to top Go down
TotinosBoy
Seduced
Seduced

Male

Just started  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just started    Just started  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 2:21 am

Thank you very much for the help and replies.
Back to top Go down
TotinosBoy
Seduced
Seduced

Male

Just started  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just started    Just started  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 9:20 pm

So I decided to start the game again since I missed a couple important items and I figured better start early since I want to do the 10,000 kills quest.

I downloaded the game through here which gave 1.2 add ons. Did hard mode ever become something that gave extra rewards or is it only for bragging rights?
Back to top Go down
Thaumaturgist
Night Guardian
Night Guardian
Thaumaturgist

Male

Character sheet

Just started  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just started    Just started  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 5:23 pm

Can't really remember, but I do remember the number of save points is reduced a lot. Just pick the normal mode.
Back to top Go down
TotinosBoy
Seduced
Seduced

Male

Just started  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just started    Just started  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 11:19 am

Ok so I saw a save file down lower on my slots that had level 50 guys and all items. Is it worth it for me to get level 50 on everyone for Laxius Power 2? What exactly carries over from the first part to the second?
Back to top Go down
The_Death_Of_Rats
Seduced
Seduced

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2016-04-05

Character sheet
Creature: unknown
Class: unknown
Element: none

Just started  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just started    Just started  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 1:37 pm

Ideally you need to be 50 when starting LP2, or you'll struggle. It's worthwhile grinding it out just to carry your own save over.
There's very few items that actually carry over, I'd imagine there's a link to a list on the Lp2 forum at a guess?
There's also certain spells that you teach in LP1, that can only be carried over by certain people. (Luciana with G-Wave is a must)
Back to top Go down
Thaumaturgist
Night Guardian
Night Guardian
Thaumaturgist

Male

Character sheet

Just started  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just started    Just started  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 2:56 pm

That specific file I have the vague memory to be a pretty much complete one with almost everything done from the first game.
And, nah, its not such a big deal to be level 50, its more important to have your characters prepared for the second game. I will add to the example of Luci being with G-Wave, a weapon for Coryool which he can get from a certain place from the first game, which will help him A LOT in the second game. And, also, the stat improving items should be used all to squeeze out even more power for the characters before you migrate to LP2.
Back to top Go down
The_Death_Of_Rats
Seduced
Seduced

Male

Character sheet

Just started  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just started    Just started  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 4:20 pm

I find that I usually hit 50 naturally either by;
Potential spoiler:
There's some powerful spells for Sarah & Lucy damage-wise that should be learnt - One of them learns Razor Sun which is wicked powerful.

It looks like the list of what transfers has been lost to time sadly. Can't find it anywhere. My advice without that list would be to collect everything you possibly can (Relics/Artefacts) and then write down what you have somewhere.
Then start 2 and see what your chars end up with after the prologue - reload, and change anything that didn't make it into your inventory on the test into Diamonds for monehz in LP3. Smile
Back to top Go down
TotinosBoy
Seduced
Seduced

Male

Just started  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just started    Just started  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 9:35 pm

Yeah I mean there is always the "perfect" save file but since I'm someone who likes to read every bit of conversation, I guess I will spend the next week or so just farming mobs to see the 10000 fights quest for myself.

Hopefully that will be enough to get the main party to 50 and then swap out for Leandra and the pets.
Back to top Go down
The_Death_Of_Rats
Seduced
Seduced

Male

Character sheet

Just started  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just started    Just started  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 9:48 pm

Aye, if you're doing that one, and most of the other side-quests, you should hit 50 without having to farm. Maybe a bit on the chars you haven't used, but not a lot.
Back to top Go down
Thaumaturgist
Night Guardian
Night Guardian
Thaumaturgist

Male

Character sheet

Just started  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just started    Just started  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 10:30 pm

By the way, I remember there was a handy, but a bit tedious way of reaching 10000 quickly. There is a bush in the fairy village, which, after the initial first ambush of bees, will still spawn a single bee infinitely every time you interact with it. Back in the old forum there was a suggestion to have only Random in the party to reduce time, get a small utility to mimic fast key pressing from the keyboard (z or enter) and leave the game running overnight. Yeah, its anything but fun, but its still a secure way to reach 10000 fast enough.
Back to top Go down
TotinosBoy
Seduced
Seduced

Male

Just started  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just started    Just started  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 5:43 am

So getting back near the end and have questions.

If you sell your diamonds to the gem dealer for GP do you lose any Orb score? I see diamonds are listed as rare items. Do you get the score as you get the items or do they always have to be in your inventory?

What if the trigger for the red apricot tree to need water? I bought it before the long cut scenes and teleported to the HQ right after and it was almost dead. Then I water it and fight some battles but it almost dead again. Is it time in game, battles, certain scenes or something else?
Back to top Go down
TotinosBoy
Seduced
Seduced

Male

Just started  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just started    Just started  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 11:12 pm

Also the first time I play through I was about to save the girl in the evil tower to the right of orc tavern. I think I used the iron 2 sided key. Now I tried the same time and no matter what I do it will not let me open the door. The difference is I think I saved Sarah first this time and last time I went though all the rooms.

Is there something Im forgetting like a different key or is that a known bug?

Edit: Saw my mistake. I forgot to get the cell pass after the wolf attack. I went back and there are just bones now.
Back to top Go down
The_Death_Of_Rats
Seduced
Seduced

Male

Character sheet

Just started  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just started    Just started  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 11:23 am

A lot of the stuff in the evil tower works as "event triggers" such as changing what Baretta sells, or becoming un-achieveable once you have completed certain other sections of it. Sadly, if the girl is dead, I think the only way would be to reload just before the evil tower was started.
Not too sure on the apricot tree, but I believe it may be something to do with battles as I recall travelling back relatively frequently when grinding out the 10k kills?
Diamonds you should keep - at the beginning of LP2, you will sell a lot of non-transferrable stuff, taking you well over GP cap, and therefore end up converting most of your spare money into diamonds anyway Smile
Back to top Go down
TotinosBoy
Seduced
Seduced

Male

Just started  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just started    Just started  Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 5:25 am

I didn't realize how much I missed these types of games until I played this, literally doing a 3rd playthrough to get everything perfect and try for 10,000 kills.

A couple more questions.

So I played through this and I guess rushed through some parts on accident. I am now back at the Fairy Maze, my characters are 27 and just beat the Tangar Mountains. I have tried for over 2 hours to get the teleport to the Blue Pearl but it is not happening. Do I have very bad luck or is there a level cap on getting teleported to that area?

Also I see on the Moxy walkthrough he says to save all stat booster items but he never says when to use them. Would it be at the end of the game? After 13 Cinders? Level 50? Any help on this would be great since I have a feeling they don't carryover to LP2.
Back to top Go down
Geazar
Advanced Page
Advanced Page

Male
Number of posts : 137
I\'m : Unknown
Registration date : 2015-11-05

Just started  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just started    Just started  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 9:44 pm

TotinosBoy wrote:
A couple more questions.

So I played through this and I guess rushed through some parts on accident. I am now back at the Fairy Maze, my characters are 27 and just beat the Tangar Mountains. I have tried for over 2 hours to get the teleport to the Blue Pearl but it is not happening. Do I have very bad luck or is there a level cap on getting teleported to that area?

It's all luck, nothing to do with levels. Just keep trying, and you'll eventually get teleported near to the Blue Pearl. Last time I tried this, took me at least 20 teleportation attempts before I landed on the right spot.

Quote :
Also I see on the Moxy walkthrough he says to save all stat booster items but he never says when to use them. Would it be at the end of the game? After 13 Cinders? Level 50? Any help on this would be great since I have a feeling they don't carryover to LP2.

Use them whenever you want to. The only reason you're told to keep them till the end is so that you can temporarily achieve an almost perfect record of attaining every item in the game possible. But if this is not an issue for you, just use them now. It's not like one could ever get a perfect record of all items in the game anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just started  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just started    Just started  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just started
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Laxius Power :: Laxius Saga :: Laxius Power I-
Jump to: