Laxius Power
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laxius Power

A Back up forum of the Laxius community

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Geazar
Advanced Page
Advanced Page

Male
Number of posts : 137
I\'m : Unknown
Registration date : 2015-11-05

Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games Empty
PostSubject: Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games   Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2016 8:44 am

What are your thoughts on me (or any of us really) uploading fixes for many of the bugs in all three LP games? If it's worth it, I'd like to give it a try.

So I'm going to start first with LP1. One bug that comes to mind is the Forest Maze egress bug, and the "trapped in Kevin's house" bug as well. What other bugs are there to fix?

Keep in mind I will only fix those bugs that are important enough to fix (including "positive" bugs), and they have to be bugs beyond reasonable doubt of course. If it's not clear if it's a bug, it won't be fixed. I'm taking a fairly conservative approach to this.

EDIT: Here's the link to the fixes for all three games. To be on the safe side, make sure to apply these fixes AFTER you have already applied all previous add-ons and fixes made by others (check Thaumaturgist's sticky download thread for all those files):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/onwqnpue8tpwrbr/AADrolqFGWizcP9i6AaV2Kf7a?dl=0

Last edited by Geazar on Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mortenkein
Still New
Still New

Male
Number of posts : 4
I\'m : Holy Protector
Registration date : 2014-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games   Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2016 2:00 pm

Try to fix the learning bug for the Over Bolt skill from Azur Constellation book (Laxius Power 1). If I remember well, we can’t learn that skill for an unknown reason.

Also, in Merchant’s House in Hyspanyel Town, we can buy a Rtrout, which is in fact a normal trout. I guess it was a test item not intented to be in the final version of the game.
Back to top Go down
Geazar
Advanced Page
Advanced Page

Male

PostSubject: Re: Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games   Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2016 5:17 pm

Mortenkein wrote:
Try to fix the learning bug for the Over Bolt skill from Azur Constellation book (Laxius Power 1). If I remember well, we can’t learn that skill for an unknown reason.

Also, in Merchant’s House in Hyspanyel Town, we can buy a Rtrout, which is in fact a normal trout. I guess it was a test item not intented to be in the final version of the game.

For the Over Bolt bug, the reason is because a code runs in the background throughout the whole game whereby the spell is automatically unlearned whenever the Sword of Scrolls is not equipped. This is going to be a challenge to fix, but I'll give it a try for sure.

As for the second one you mentioned, I guess I misunderstood you the first time. Edit: Actually, perhaps I didn't. You're saying it should be Trout instead of RTrout, right? I just had a check now, and I don't think I should fix it. Sorry for the confusion I just caused.

I just fixed the Kevin's bug, I think. Does anyone want to test for me my fixes before they are "officially" released as one overall patch?

Last edited by Geazar on Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Geazar
Advanced Page
Advanced Page

Male

PostSubject: Re: Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games   Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2016 5:36 pm

OverBolt bug now fixed (hopefully). Need testing.

Also, just fixed the Forest Maze egress bug. With this fix, you can now egress back near the north entrance of Forest Maze if you entered the forest from there.
Back to top Go down
Geazar
Advanced Page
Advanced Page

Male

PostSubject: Re: Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games   Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2016 1:08 am

Ok, for those who'd like to test my first fix patch out for this game, here's the link. Just make sure you do a backup folder for the whole game folder first and then transfer the files in this rar file to the main game folder for testing. Please don't do this if you're not computer literate enough.

I will not be held responsible for any errors that may occur due to mishandling of the folders, but I am happy to help out if needed. It is possible, since this is the first time I do something like this, that the fix won't function at all due to some missing file that I should upload as well. If this happens, please let me know what kind of error you get when you try to open the game or whatever.

EDIT: Older link removed. Check the OP for the updated link.

Here's what I may have fixed (but need you guys to verify):

1. The Over Bolt spell can now be learned through the Azur Constellation.
2. You can now egress back to the north side of Forest Maze if you enter from there.
3. You will no longer be trapped in Kevin's house under any condition.

Last edited by Geazar on Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carmilla
Seduced
Seduced

Female
Number of posts : 23
I\'m : Divine
Registration date : 2015-11-12

Character sheet
Creature: Goddess
Class: Halcyon
Element: Light

PostSubject: Re: Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games   Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 11:36 am

Yeah, maybe you might at well do the same thing to Laxius Power 3, by the way. I forgot to ask you this. There's a bug that's causing an infinite loop in the Victories part of the Dreambook, what's causing it?

Laxius Power 1: Remastered would be a good title
Back to top Go down
Geazar
Advanced Page
Advanced Page

Male

PostSubject: Re: Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games   Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 9:05 am

Carmilla wrote:
Yeah, maybe you might at well do the same thing to Laxius Power 3, by the way. I forgot to ask you this. There's a bug that's causing an infinite loop in the Victories part of the Dreambook, what's causing it?

Honestly, I don't think Laxius Power has too many bugs anyway, unlike Laxius Power 3. I'll get back to doing some bug fixing a month or so from now. Just need to have enough free time to do so.

What infinite loop by the way? Are you referring to the one in LP3 where a monster keeps chasing your cursor while on that page? Or something else?
Back to top Go down
Carmilla
Seduced
Seduced

Female
Number of posts : 23
I\'m : Divine
Registration date : 2015-11-12

Character sheet
Creature: Goddess
Class: Halcyon
Element: Light

PostSubject: Re: Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games   Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 1:19 pm

Geazar wrote:
Carmilla wrote:

Honestly, I don't think Laxius Power has too many bugs anyway, unlike Laxius Power 3. I'll get back to doing some bug fixing a month or so from now. Just need to have enough free time to do so.

What infinite loop by the way? Are you referring to the one in LP3 where a monster keeps chasing your cursor while on that page? Or something else?

Yeah, I was talking about that.
Back to top Go down
Geazar
Advanced Page
Advanced Page

Male

PostSubject: Re: Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games   Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 8:46 pm

Carmilla wrote:
Geazar wrote:
Carmilla wrote:

Yeah, I was talking about that.

Ok, just wanted to make sure you were talking about that. Yeah, unlike the others, the movement type of this monster is not set to "Stay Still". It may be a bug, but then again this may have been intended for whatever reason. Perhaps when I get back to bug fixing, I'll fix that as well, but I don't really want to change whatever just because they happen to simply be inconvenient. I don't intend to "remaster" Damianzeking's games, just fix obvious bugs, that's all.
Back to top Go down
Crossil
Little Servant
Little Servant

Male
Number of posts : 32
I\'m : Neutral
Registration date : 2016-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games   Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 2:58 pm

In the place where you select your characters after using Yvenn's Pendant a character gives you an option to look into your inventory. It blocks Batabog from being directly added, so you can only add him after adding Sarah. It's a minor oversight that was added in an add-on.
Back to top Go down
Geazar
Advanced Page
Advanced Page

Male

PostSubject: Re: Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games   Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 4:23 am

Crossil wrote:
In the place where you select your characters after using Yvenn's Pendant a character gives you an option to look into your inventory. It blocks Batabog from being directly added, so you can only add him after adding Sarah. It's a minor oversight that was added in an add-on.

The problem is that this will likely require some graphical modification to be fixed. I'd rather avoid doing that, especially given that this oversight is no big deal anyway. Just make sure Sarah is not blocking the way (by having her in the fighting party), and all good.
Back to top Go down
Crossil
Little Servant
Little Servant

Male

PostSubject: Re: Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games   Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 4:11 pm

You could move the function to Yveen and remove the added character if it's possible.
Back to top Go down
Geazar
Advanced Page
Advanced Page

Male

PostSubject: Re: Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games   Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 11:03 pm

Crossil wrote:
You could move the function to Yveen and remove the added character if it's possible.

If you guys insist on wanting these minor oversights fixed, fine. I'll just move the Batabog event to the empty space right next to Yveen, problem solved. But let's take care of the more serious bugs first. Anyone verified that my fix (linked to above) works?
Back to top Go down
Crossil
Little Servant
Little Servant

Male

PostSubject: Re: Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games   Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2017 12:43 am

I checked on a save file with Kevin glitch and it is fixed. Also Fairy Maze is fixed. Over Bolt will take awhile.
Back to top Go down
Crossil
Little Servant
Little Servant

Male

PostSubject: Re: Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games   Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 1:37 am

In the Inn during Demon Wolf attack I got a game over when losing with Sarah. It seems to be random as it happened once and I couldn't reproduce it.
Back to top Go down
Geazar
Advanced Page
Advanced Page

Male

PostSubject: Re: Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games   Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 1:51 am

Crossil wrote:
In the Inn during Demon Wolf attack I got a game over when losing with Sarah. It seems to be random as it happened once and I couldn't reproduce it.

Did this happen when you were to able to somehow beat the wolf the first time?
Back to top Go down
Crossil
Little Servant
Little Servant

Male

PostSubject: Re: Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games   Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 3:04 am

No, I lost. In one turn on the first try.
Back to top Go down
Geazar
Advanced Page
Advanced Page

Male

PostSubject: Re: Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games   Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 2:08 pm

Crossil wrote:
No, I lost. In one turn on the first try.

Can't do much about that for now, I'm afraid.

I do believe, however, that escaping the battle the first time will then lead to a game over the next try.

Back to top Go down
Crossil
Little Servant
Little Servant

Male

PostSubject: Re: Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games   Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 4:37 pm

Battle can't be escaped.
Back to top Go down
Geazar
Advanced Page
Advanced Page

Male

PostSubject: Re: Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games   Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 12:15 pm

Crossil wrote:
Battle can't be escaped.

Nevermind then. I'll see how else to reproduce the game over bug and address it accordingly.
Back to top Go down
Crossil
Little Servant
Little Servant

Male

PostSubject: Re: Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games   Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 9:32 pm

After beating Josh in arm-wrestling with Coryool Josh's sprite disappeared. I can still talk to him and he's still physically there but there's no sprite. I don't know if this is connected to the patch but I never had this happen before.
Back to top Go down
Geazar
Advanced Page
Advanced Page

Male

PostSubject: Re: Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games   Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 9:50 pm

Crossil wrote:
After beating Josh in arm-wrestling with Coryool Josh's sprite disappeared. I can still talk to him and he's still physically there but there's no sprite. I don't know if this is connected to the patch but I never had this happen before.

Not related to the patch, but I can fix it no problem. Thanks for taking time to point out these bugs and oversights.
Back to top Go down
Geazar
Advanced Page
Advanced Page

Male

PostSubject: Re: Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games   Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 5:00 am

Aside from changing Batabog's location in the party changer screen and restoring the Josh sprite after his defeat, anything else before I'm done with Laxius Power 1?
Back to top Go down
Crossil
Little Servant
Little Servant

Male

PostSubject: Re: Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games   Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 11:23 pm

That should be it.
Back to top Go down
Geazar
Advanced Page
Advanced Page

Male

PostSubject: Re: Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games   Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 3:24 am

Updated link in the OP. The updated fix for Laxius Power I should now be available. I will be doing some preliminary fixes for the sequels pretty soon.
Back to top Go down
Geazar
Advanced Page
Advanced Page

Male

PostSubject: Re: Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games   Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 4:19 am

LPII preliminary fix now available for testing (it's in the link provided in the OP). Only one bug thus far is fixed with this preliminary fix: Game Over screen should no longer appear when post-promotion Sarah loses to Nash (regardless of whether she is Arts or Acrobatics).

Crossil, or anyone else, please check for me if it works for you guys?
Back to top Go down
Geazar
Advanced Page
Advanced Page

Male

PostSubject: Re: Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games   Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 4:44 am

LPIII prelimary fix now available. Slaughterers killed in the Ore Lab now all die the right way. You will no longer have to find the "right" ones to kill for others to die for good. This also means the voices should stop occurring in the room before the one with Muura Gem once you kill off all the Slaughterers in that room.
Back to top Go down
Geazar
Advanced Page
Advanced Page

Male

PostSubject: Re: Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games   Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 9:59 am

LP3 bugs to fix:

Hydra Cage Freeze Bug
Prison Desa Freeze Bug
Persistent Giant Voices Bug
Pit of Fire Gem Rosa Bug

I know there are more, but can't think of any right now. What else?
Back to top Go down
Geazar
Advanced Page
Advanced Page

Male

PostSubject: Re: Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games   Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 1:01 pm

Fixed the bugs mentioned in the previous post. Updated fix now available for download.

What was (hopefully) fixed?

1. The cage in the Unknown Temple should now open without ever causing a freeze.
2. You can now safely approach the locked door in Prison Desa without ever getting a freeze under any circumstance.
3. No more "ghost" Giant voices in the huge hall at Giant Fortress.
4. You can now fulfill the Pit of Fire guild quest without messing it up with Rosa. In other words, in order to gain the stat bonuses from the magical stone there using Rosa, you first have to defeat the Queen boss no matter what.

Note: The Hydra Cage bug was a bit time-consuming to fix, so I can see why the prior bug-fixers probably did not bother to fix this bug themselves.
Back to top Go down
Crossil
Little Servant
Little Servant

Male

PostSubject: Re: Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games   Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 4:12 pm

Wouldn't it be better to post the third game fix in third game forum?

Also does Overbolt get unlearned in second game like in the first?

Edit: all three games crash the moment I try to start them. First and third say stream read error while second says invalid map.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games   Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Considering fixing some of the bugs for all three LP games
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next