Laxius Power
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laxius Power

A Back up forum of the Laxius community

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fixing some bugs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SenHaKen
Still New
Still New

Male
Number of posts : 2
I\'m : Unknown
Registration date : 2017-05-04

Fixing some bugs Empty
PostSubject: Fixing some bugs   Fixing some bugs Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2022 2:05 pm

Hi guys, recently I've been working on trying to modify the in-game dialogue to have better grammar and hit the right feel to what's being said (e.g. "Enough mean words Mr. Athors" is changed to "We're putting an end to your evil plans Mr. Athors"). It's quite a big project on its own honestly, but it's a nice little side-project I'm working on.

But that's not the point of this post. Going through the dialogues I've also started understanding quite a bit about how RM2K works and believe I could try to fix some of the bugs that people have found (can't really think of any on the spot, but I believe there are/were some bugs). So if anyone is able to point out any of the bugs they've encountered through their playthroughs, I could see if I can identify them and fix them.

NOTE: This is only for LPI for now, but I'll be looking at LPII and LPIII as well to at least polish up the dialogue a bit and once I start on them I'll be making similar posts in their respective forums, so please don't post any of those bugs here as I'll 100% forget about them by the time I get to their game.

NOTE 2: Some bugs may have multiple possible solutions, so if you already have an idea or suggestion on how to fix it, I'd greatly appreciate it as it would help me make progress on it a lot faster! An example would be the "Yveen Pendants" bug where you can't leave the character selection screen if you use the item while in it (I think it creates a loop?). The 3 ways I've thought of so far (but not tried yet) are:
1. Disable menu access altogether
2. Remove the item from the inventory upon entering the character selection map and re-adding the item upon exiting the map
3. Adding an NPC option to teleport you back to the house in Rillia (or to some other random point; alternatively I could do a bit more work and add a check to the teleport variable that stores the location before entering the character selection screen and not change the info if the map is the character selection map)
Most bugs have various potential solutions, so bring up any ideas you have and let's all try to find the most ideal one.
Back to top Go down

Fixing some bugs
Page 1 of 1